Sweet Chili Lime Salmon
This recipe for Sweet Chili Lime Salmon is an easy to prepare, protein-packed meal that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, potassium and b vitamins. The garlic, lime juice, cumin, and peppers work together to make this dish incredibly flavorful and with only 10 minutes of prep time and 25 minutes of cooking, you can have a savory dinner ready in 35 minutes. Salmon is offered as one of the bonus items that sometimes come in our food package, so make sure to save this recipe for when you receive salmon!(Don’t forget to reserve some of the marinade for the end! The secret to this flavorful dish is reserving the marinade to pour onto the salmon, once the fish and vegetables have finished cooking.)Want more veggies with your Salmon? This recipe for sautéed greens is a great option.
- cooking spray
- 2 limes
- ¼ cup parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 salmon filets
- 1 red bell pepper cut into one inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper cut into one inch chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into one inch chunks
- 1 onion cut into wedges
- 2 cups cooked brown rice optional
- Preheat oven to Broil on high heat. Cover baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray
- In a large bowl whisk lime juice, parsley, olive oil, garlic, red pepper, cumin and honey.
- Add peppers and onions to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Place salmon skin side down on the pan.
- Place onions and peppers around the fish on the baking sheet. Reserve the remaining marinade.
- Broil salmon and veggies for 12-15 minutes until salmon is cooked through (145 F)
- Remove from the oven, pour remaining marinade over salmon and veggies. Serve over brown rice.
Amount per serving --- calories 446 total fat 12.3g 16% saturated fat 1.9g 10% cholesterol 69mg 23% sodium 183mg 8% total carbohydrates 58g 21% dietary fiber 5.1g 18% total sugars 13.7g protein 30.3g --- calcium 89mg 7% iron 4mg 24% potassium 888mg 19%