Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 cups bakery mix low fat
- ¼ cup eggs
- 1 ½ cups skim milk
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup reduced fat, reduced sodium
- 1 lb cooked chicken
- 2 cans mixed vegetables drained and rinsed
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- In a medium bowl, stir bakery mix, eggs, and ½ cup milk to make a biscuit topping. Set aside
- In saucepan on medium high heat, combine cream of chicken soup, 1 cup milk, chicken, mixed vegetables, and seasonings.
- Stir until heated through.
- In a casserole dish, ADD chicken mixture.
- Spoon biscuit dough over chicken mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes until topping is golden brown.
This recipe was adapted from the Chickasaw Nation Nutrition Services. --- Amount per serving --- calories 245 total fat 9.3g 12% saturated fat 2.8g 14% cholesterol 79mg 26% sodium 736mg 32% total carbohydrates 16.6g 6% dietary fiber 1.5g 5% total sugars 3.7g protein 22.5g --- vitamin D 3mcg 14% calcium 105mg 8% iron 2mg 12% potassium 346mg 7%