Garlic-Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
Take your ᏄᎾ(nu-na) potatoes to the next level with this recipe for Garlic-Rosemary Smashed Potatoes.No mix-master necessary, simply boil your potatoes, make a few “smashes” and then let the oven do the rest of the work for you. By baking the potatoes in ramp salt, fresh garlic, and rosemary (which if planted in your garden, can normally survive the winter in North Carolina) you will surely enjoy this delicious and flavorful rendition of smashed potatoes.Looking for a protein to go with this side dish? These smashed potatoes would be a perfect accompaniment to our recipe for Pan-Seared Walleye.
- 1 lb baby potatoes halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp rosemary chopped
- ½ tsp salt or ramp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper ground
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- Boil potatoes for 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush the hot baking sheet with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil. Place the potatoes on the pan, skin-side up, and smash with the bottom of a jar or smooth side of a meat mallet. Drizzle with the garlic oil.
- Roast until browned on the bottom, about 15 minutes.
Amount per serving --- calories 146 total fat 3.4g 4% saturated fat 1g 5% cholesterol 42mg 14% sodium 79mg 3% total carbohydrates 18.9g 6% dietary fiber 2g 8% total sugars 1.5g protein 2.3g 5% --- vitamin A 14IU vitamin C 10.5mg 18% calcium 16.8mg 2% folate 20.7mcg 5% iron 0.9mg 5% magnesium 25.9mg 9% potassium 528.1mg 15% sodium 311.5mg 13% thiamin 0.1mg 10%